When a poisoning happens, MA & RI Poison Center is here for you.
In a Poison Emergency, Call 1-800-222-1222.
If you suspect a poisoning, call the MA & RI Poison Center serving Massachusetts and Rhode Island right away. Do not wait for the victim to look or feel sick. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call 911 for an ambulance.
Hearing impaired, call 1-888-244-5313. Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our staff is available at all times to provide quick, accurate, precise poisoning treatment information. If necessary, the victim will be referred to the nearest health care facility for treatment.
When you call the Massachusetts & Rhode Island Poison Center, take the poison with you to the phone. You may be asked to read information from the bottle's label. You also will be asked to give:
- your zip code
- the victim's age and weight
- any symptoms the victim has related to the poisoning
- the time the poisoning took place
- the name of the substance or poison
- the amount of the substance or poison
- any current health problems of the victim
- any medicines the victim is taking